This policy explains what information Wolds Wildlife Park Limited will collect about you, how the data may be used and how it will be kept secure.
“Personal Information” is information about you which can be used alone or combined with other information to identify you personally.
Who we are
Wolds Wildlife Park Limited
Location: Louth Road, Horncastle, Lincolnshire, LN9 5LJ
Company number 10886692
Our website address is: https://woldswildlife.co.uk
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The Personal Information you provide to us may include your name, email address, telephone number, postal / delivery address. We do not record or keep records of your payment card details for purchases made through this website.
For some activities, events or group bookings, we may also be required to record details of medical and emergency contact information and/ore any disabilities, allergies &/or health needs you or a member of your group may have in order to ensure your comfort and safety whilst on our premises.
How we collect your Personal Information and what we use it for
In some circumstances we will collect and process your Personal Information using the legitimate interest legal processing basis. This means that we need to process your Personal Information in order to supply the service(s) (ie an animal experience) you have contracted us to supply through a booking. When/if you book day-passes, annual passes or experiences (etc) through this website, we need to communicate with you in order to provide the relevant services your have purchases / booked.
All Personal Information we collect about you will be recorded (saved), processed and secured in accordance with all current and future data protection regulations.
We will only collect, use and otherwise handle your Personal Information when it is absolutely necessary to do so and will only save that information that is necessary to save, in order to
- respond to your enquiries through the contact form or email
- send you direct marketing if you have permitted us to do so
- provide the services, events and/or information you have requested or purchases/booked
- administer any competitions, offers or promotions that you have entered into
- create and store your membership profile in order to efficiently deliver relevant content to you and improve the functionality of this website
- track your activity on this website in order to efficiently personalise and improve your experience on this website
- record your newsletter subscription status
Security of your Personal Information
Wolds Wildlife Park Limited takes the security of your Personal Information seriously and have in place all applicable & appropriate measures to prevent your personal data from being lost, processed or accessed in any unauthorised way and/or by any unauthorised person(s), altered or disclosed. We limit access to your Personal Information to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a legitimate need to access and/or process the information. All authorised person(s) will only process your Personal Information on the strict instruction(s) of Wolds Wildlife Park and all access and processing is subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Cookies are not visible to Wolds Wildlife Park Limited and do not identify you.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
It is possible for you to stop or restrict the cookies set by woldswildlife.com by changing your browser’s privacy setting, however this may affect the functionality of the site.
You have full control over the cookies sent to your browser from woldswildlife.com here: Cookie settings
Our website may include links to other websites or content form other websites whose privacy practices may differ from Wolds Wildlife Park Limited. When you view content from or if you visit and/or submit personal information to any of those websites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any websites you visit.
Facebook – we do not hold any data on individuals who interact with us through Facebook. We respond to contact made on Facebook via the Facebook interface, but encourage contact to be made by email to receive a full response. Marketing via Facebook is controlled by Facebook.
Website usage analytics is a system that measures the traffic and visitors’ general activities on our website. By collecting these anonymous statistics we can make your experience on our website better.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. Furthermore:
- We have to keep all data relating to purchases and other financial transactions for 6 years for our tax records.
- Incident reports are kept for 5 years for our health and safety records
- Medical information forms are destroyed at the end of the day they are needed, unless there has been an incident, or it will be needed for a future event and you have asked us to keep it on file instead of giving a new one.
- Customer feedback and complaints are kept for 3 years from the year of contact
- Member data is kept for contact for the duration of membership, members are also added to our newsletter mailing list as part of their subscription.
- CCTV footage is erased after 8 weeks as standard. Sections may be extracted and retained to support ongoing investigations as required, and may be added to incident reports or complaints with the associated timescales above.
What rights you have over your data
If you have provided your personal information to us via this website you can request a copy of the personal data we hold about you. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your rights in relation to your personal information (if applicable):
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have about you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
You can exercise any of the above rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address below or by changing your profile on our website. Please include your name, email address and phone number when you contact us as this ensures we accept changes only from the correct person.
Contacting Wolds Wildlife Park Limited
Wolds Wildlife Park Limited
Homefield Farm, Hemingby Lane
The Personal Information of the person making the group booking will be held in accordance with this policy.
Photographs taken by Wolds Wildlife Park Ltd
By accepting the terms and conditions of entry to Wolds Wildlife Park, you agree that we may take and use any photographs and/or video or other recordings taken within the wildlife park for sales and promotional purposes (this website, social media, printed materials) without express permission.
For your safety and security, CCTV is in operation at Wolds Wildlife Park. No sound is recorded and access and disclosure are restricted. The basis for this is legitimate interest, to support the detection and prevention of crime and safeguarding of our visitors and staff.
Where to make a complaint